Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fire Update

It's day 5 of the Jesusita fire and it was a glorious morning waking to fog. The winds died out last night and failed to return, leaving the fire crews a chance to make headway with their containment efforts.

I actually peeled myself away from the fire news today and began dreaming of routine and normalcy. My heart is squeezed for those families who lost their homes. For me, who was only witness to the devastating effects of the fire, will start processing the experience in paintings and drawings.

This print was created just two weeks ago from a drawing that I made from last summer's GAP fire. I have way to much material to work from this time and it saddens me.

Thanks to all my pals who have been in touch through all various technological devices. It has been wonderful to hear from everyone and comforting to know everyone is safe... including the wee furry beasties, near and dear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails