Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wednesday's Worktable


I have been working daily with my small printed images, making many plates with a variety of matrices using the same drawings of my jasmine vine.

The process can be a long one before even getting to the printing of the image. It's hard to know if what I have will work, definitely one of the pluses AND minuses of printing.
















Sometimes I just want to see color and results. This past weekend I pulled out my old tray of gouache..... an old Pelikan, double tray, school set that I bought years ago to play with. It's actually quite good for being student grade.

















I made copies of some of the prints and then used a Chartpak blender pen to transfer the image into my sketchbook, applied Frisket to the areas I wanted to keep clean and then went at the images with my paint. Happiness is color.

This was a means of instant gratification, color study for future prints and a nice way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails