Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back to Work

Last week was spent doing chores, paying taxes, working for the Santa Barbara Printmakers on their upcoming show in Ojai and spending the weekend with girlfriends.

This week it's back to work. A very dear friend is retiring from teaching in a few weeks. She is the inspiration for all my printmaking aspirations. As one student so wonderfully stated, "I just want to bottle up her energy and take it with me". My pal is the kind of teacher that books are written about, the kind of teacher that motivates innumerable students throughout her career and one who will always be remembered with heartwarming kindnesses; a blessed soul, indeed, of unwavering generosity of spirit.

My work this week is a print that will celebrate her transition from teacher to maker, career educator to career artist. A handful of teachers and friends are making images to launch her into the luxury of time, time that allows endless creativity, creativity without the responsibility of fledglings. How wonderful.

And so I print, in honor of this amazing human being....



















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails