Monday, October 27, 2008

Printing

Making use of my old etching plates, I'm re-discovering the possibilities of artist books. This is a small accordion fold book using 8 small plates of my jasmine root series. I used pieces of quarter inch maple ply wood for the covers and will perhaps carve some of the image into its surface before producing the series.



These are solar images made from copies of my original lithographic drawings. The lithos were not turning out the way I had hoped, the first two images printed so dark, diminishing the silvery quality of the the tree branches. These are smaller versions (5x7") of the originals (10x13") but translated well in a smaller format, delicate with lots of movement. Now I'm seeing these as possible book images as well.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails