Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm with Anne Lamott

I LOVE Anne Lamott's political philosophy, her writing, her expression. I'm thrilled that I get to live on the planet at the same time she does. To honor her words today I went with a girlfriend to commune with nature, something that is what living in Santa Barbara is all about. The mountains and the ocean are just 5 minutes away and there is a quiet that surrounds you that is so painfully beautiful. It truly puts things in perspective because it is those moments that are worth fighting for.

What was most memorable about today's sojourn over the hill were the incredible Manzanita trees. They must be old because of their size but WOW the color was just spectacular. In the words of Oliver Twist.... "more please".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails